Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Done, and done well...


YAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!

I did it! Yup, I really did it. Ran the River Bank Run 25K and ran it well! I didn't only finish but finished 5th in my division out of 28. I am so pleased. Right from the start of the race I felt awesome. Besides being a bit cold things were good. I finished in 2:29. I am still on a bit of a high from the whole thing. I can't explain the feelings something like this brings. I was a part of a record breaking crowd of 21,000 participants. Too cool. I never could have finished the training without Tracy, so thank you for everything!! And I am so glad we got to share this experience together.

I could go on and on about the race but I think that is probably enough. As for the household, things are good. Things are hectic, but that tends to be the norm these days. We took Nolan into the ER on Sunday and he has pneumonia in his left lung. He is now on two antibiotics and still cranky. Hoping this passes REALLY soon.

What will I do next you ask? NOTHING! haha, just kidding. But I am taking it easy this week and trying to plan out my next runs and training to come. Got any good ones out there, let me know. Thanks for everyone who supported me all along the way. Nothing is ever out of reach. Just remember to...breathe! LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment