Monday, December 21, 2009

Run Forest Run...

Yes, this blog will be mainly about my running. This past summer I decided to pick up running. Although I ran for sports, I never ran because I actually enjoyed it. I found that I could clear my head, catch up with God and escape for a few moments. What an amazing feeling. I am so thankful that my husband was also very supportive, bought me an ipod for my birthday and allowed me the time out of the house.

And so it started, just a few miles, or minutes at a time. And before I knew it was I was running 2-3 miles straight. So this past summer I also ran my first 5K race. The Chris Cook Memorial run in Fremont during the Gerber Fest. Time 32:03! Totally excited for my first run. I have just kept running. I am amazed at what my body has been able to do. On Thanksgiving morning I knew I should probably get a run in. I decided to hit up the treadmill while the boys were watching the parade. I covered my time so that I would just concentrate on running and not the minutes. I felt so good that day, I ran 6 miles in 63minutes. I got off the treadmill and said, "Josh, can you believe I just ran for an HOUR!" I just couldn't believe it.

Since then I have been running between 4-5miles on my runs. So now that brings me to today. I took yesterday off, although I felt like I really needed to run. So first thing this morning, I hopped on the treadmill, not my favorite thing. Covered my time and knew that I wanted to make today a long run. Set my mind to it and accomplished the goal. Not only did I make it a long run, I made it my longest run. 7 Miles in 72minutes!

Josh and I are running a 6 mile race on New Years Day in Muskegon. I don't think there is a better way to start 2010! I am so excited that we are doing it together.
Speaking of running, I still need to shower, clean bathrooms and floors and head out for lunch with my amazing boss and co-workers. Oh and try to keep these boys in line!! Much love to all. Have a supernatural week!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love that you and Josh run together. I love working out, but dislike running. I might have to call you for some pointers after this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so be your personal trainer!!

    ReplyDelete