Sunday, February 7, 2010

Priceless...

New running shoes: $100, Running clothes for 8 degree weather: $100, Registration Fee: $25, Running a 10K in blistering wind and hills in under an hour: PRICELESS!

Saturday was the Frostbite Run in Fremont. Tracy and I ran the 10K and Josh ran the 5K. It was soooo cold, the coldest I have ran in by far. Only about 8 degrees and some serious winds. Not fun. But we made it and we made it in under an hour, our goal. Tracy and I ran it in 58:34 and 58:35. Tracy took 3rd in her age class and I took 2nd. We even got medals! Pretty cool, at least my boys thought so. I don't have to tell anyone that there was only two people in my age group. ;)

Oh and Josh did amazing! He ran his 5K in just over 26 minutes and took 5th in his age group out of 12. Pretty good for not being a runner. I think he was pretty proud of himself too.

After the race we came home and I was totally spent. Was so sick to my stomach and had a major headache. Spent the rest of the day in bed. Got up this morning with a headache still but my stomach was feeling a bit better. I actually held some food down today. Took it easy today, got some things together for Josh's birthday while he was at work. Surprised him with his favorite, cheesecake!! Now we are getting ready to enjoy some football together as a family.

Everett starts school tomorrow. He gets to ride the bus! He will be gone in the morning and Winton is gone in the afternoon. What a change for my house. Ready for a nice morning run with Tracy tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a safe weekend. LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment