Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Clean Eating...

Good Morning! It's Wednesday! It is another beautiful day!

Headed out this morning at 5:30 to meet Tracy and got a beautiful 5.3 mile run in. It was so nice. We took it easy but had a nice run. A bit slippery in some spots but nothing major.

I have come to the conclusion that I really dislike the word "diet". It is not about a diet or quick fix. It is about making better choices and a healthier lifestyle, forever. Does that mean you can NEVER have a cupcake? No. But it probably isn't the best thing to eat one everyday either. I still have a goal to reach so for me I am more strict about what foods or treats I allow myself. Once I do achieve my goal weight then if I want to I am able to be a bit more flexible with food choices. Exercise still needs to be incorporated daily. The good thing is that I have really come to enjoy exercise, whether it be Curves or running.

I am also incorporating this idea of Clean Eating. Something that I have been doing for a while but actually have done some more research on it. It is really getting back to basics. Fresh fruits, veggies, and lean meats. I also eat some light breads, cheeses and yogurts. You don't always have to have fresh fruits and veggies(during the winter they can be pricey), frozen or canned are the next best options. I stick with this as much as I can and have been getting the kids more involved too. Less processed foods, more fresh. Start with small changes, I promise you this will make a difference. I am not perfect, none of us are, but I try my best. One day at a time. See what you can accomplish today and let that motivate you for tomorrow. Remember it is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.

Everyone has a chance to change their life. Let today be your day. It is never too late and you can accomplish anything, One Day At a Time! Don't forget to pray today. God loves you! LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment