Friday, January 22, 2010

NINER...

Yup, that's right, niner!

Up at 5am got some breakfast and set out to meet the girls for the longest run of my life. I have only ever gone 7.5 miles and today was my 9 mile day. A bit chilly out but didn't feel too bad. Just towards the end of the first loop(4.5miles) Tracy decided to run the second loop with me. Yeah! I really didn't want to do it alone and plus it is kinda creepy out that early in the morning and in the dark. So we set out for the last half of our long run. Feeling pretty good. Only almost got hit two or three times. I just don't understand how the drivers can't see us, we were both wearing head lamps and flashing red armbands. It is those crazy morning drivers!! Probably texting, talking, drinking coffee, eating breakfast and trying to drive! lol.

But onto the good stuff! We did! And at a good pace. Finished 9.1 miles in 90 minutes flat. I RAN 9.1 MILES...AWESOME! What an outstanding feeling. Now onto finishing cleaning and packing for vacation. I am hoping to get everything done before Josh gets home so we can hit the bed early.

Oh, one more thing. I love seeing how God is working in my family and how the boys pick up on so much. We pray every night with the boys and read Bible stories. This morning Winton and Everett were playing in the hallway and Evie fell and hit his knee. He got a little cut and we put a band aid on it. Winton was telling Everett he was sorry, although it wasn't Wintons fault. Then Winton asked if we could put our hands on Everett and pray for him! How awesome is that?! God is so good and it is really amazing to see Him working through my boys and in their lives. Thank you Lord for continuously showing us your love. May it continue to pour out!! May His love be revealed in your life today! LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment