Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Three head lamps are better than one...

This will be short but had to tell of my morning run. Tracy called me last night to say that Becky was going to run with us in the morning. Sweet! Got up 5:20am, dressed in my gear, running shoes on, heating pad on my knee, ate a banana and had a half cup of coffee. Did some stretching and checked the weather. 20 degrees! Headed out at 5:45am to meet the girls. Had a problem with my tights falling down but they stayed up for the majority of the run. My shoes felt great, which was one thing I was most worried about. My knee was ok. We revised our route from Monday and hardly hit any traffic, nice. Plus Becky brought an extra head lamp. All three of us had one. We are NOT going to get hit by those crazy morning drivers, who probably think we are those crazy morning runners. It was chilly out but warmed up as we got going. We hit some hills but powered through them. We pushed it today and I ran just over 6.1 miles in 58:53. Wow, that felt great! Our goal for the 10K in February is to finish in under an hour. We are on our way. Tomorrow is speed work and I'll be doing that on the treadmill after I get home from Curves. Friday we are just doing a short run, about 4.5 miles. Saturday is our long run, 9 miles! Praying that my knee heals and pain goes away. I am still icing after and heating before runs. May your Wednesday be Wonderful! LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment