Sunday, January 17, 2010

To Run or Not To Run...?

That is the real question. To run the 25K River Bank Run in May. I have been looking at this training schedule for the past couple days and I keep thinking, I could do this! But I get these butterflies just thinking about it and don't want to fail. Aghhh, the decisions. Could my body really run for over 2 hours? Would I be able to finish? The training schedule seems very doable. The runs during the week are no longer than I am already running and then there is one long run a week on Saturdays that would really test me. I have not ran farther than 7.5 miles and Saturdays run is 9 miles. I am sure I could do it, probably not fast, but I would finish. Hmmm....I think I might try the training schedule and see how it goes and then decide in a month or so.

One good thing is that I am going to get fitted Monday for shoes! Totally excited because my knees and feet are really feeling it. Maybe that will get me motivated to actually commit. Oh and also buying running tights, nice. Not hiding anything in those puppies! Going to get some great runs in on vacation. Run, run, run!! LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Try the training schedule and see how it goes before you commit, but I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete