Monday, January 18, 2010

A Size What...?


So today was THE day! Yup, got NEW running shoes. Not only got new shoes but got fitted by people that actually know what they are talking about. A friend told me about this place called Running Circles in Grand Haven and when I got there this morning they were closed due to a family emergency. So someone else had told me about Gazelle Sports in Holland so I decided to plug it into my Garmin and be on my way. Although it was more of a drive then I wanted to make for shoes, I knew I needed to be fitted properly. The lady there was great! Spent time getting to know me and my feet. I tried on 6 different pairs and finally picked the Adidas Supernova Glide. Feels amazing. The real test will be my run tomorrow. I sure hope they don't let me down.

The funny part about getting fitted properly was when she measured my feet in socks. I have been wearing a size 10 shoe for as long as I can remember. My feet measured at an 8 1/2. WHAT?? Yea, so my running shoes are a 9 and totally work. Weird though. When you lose weight do your feet change too?? Guess I don't really know, but glad I am in the right size now. Also hit up Kohl's and used my Christmas gift card on some great running gear, which was also on sale, SCORE!

But before any of this happened I had a great, no, pretty awesome run this morning. Got up at 5:30am and met Tracy for a 6.5 mile run. It was awesome being up and out in the fresh air. Sure beats the treadmill. We had a great run, felt relaxed and strong! I was happy that was my last run in those old shoes. Although we hit some traffic and Tracy nearly got her leg taken off by a car, it went well. Going to revise our Wednesday run so we don't hit that traffic. I am sure many of the drivers were not happy to see us running in their way! Oh well.

I get to be at Curves tomorrow to give the ladies a killer Power Workout, they had better be ready. What are you waiting for? Do something good for yourself! You deserve it!! LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment